- Design the pit and pipe works according to our guidelines below
- Upload a pre-construct design for us to review and accept
- Build pit and pipe works in accordance with your approved pre-construct design and our guidelines
- Upload your as-built designs and Notice of Practical Completion (PCN) for us to review and accept
- Remediate your designs and build (if required)
- Pre-install the nbn connection box ideally at the 'frame stage' (recommended)
- Advise builders to supply the in-home cabling
- Review and accept plans and designs
- Conduct and accept the site inspection of your pit and pipe works
- Provide feedback on plans, designs, inspections (if needed)
- Work with our nbn Delivery Partner to install a local network conduit on the street of your development that can be connected to your premises and eligible non-premises (nbn Smart Places) locations. See important note on nbn Smart Places
- Issue a Certificate of Practical Completion (PCC) and organise the installation of the nbn network to your development
- Notify you when the site is in service so that the occupant can place an order with their preferred phone and internet provider.
nbn is accepting applications for builds to non-premises locations in our existing nbn Ready for Service (RFS) and new developments. Service connectivity availability will depend on internet providers offering nbn Smart Places, and timing of product availability will be at provider discretion.
About the Notice of Practical Completion (PCN)
As part of the Notice of Practical Completion (PCN), you will need to transfer ownership of the pit and pipe works free of all encumbrances to nbn. For Horizontal Multi Dwelling Units (HMDUs), as part of the PCN, you will need to grant a licence to nbn for the exclusive use of any pit and pipe works that are free of all encumbrances .
Residential preparation and installation guide for SDUs and MDUs
Deployment of nbn® pit and conduit network guide