This page provides an overview of NBN Co Limited's debt portfolio including domestic and global debt capital market issuances, credit ratings, liquidity position, debt maturity profile, and access to our financial results and sustainability report.
Access of the information on this page is subject to the restrictions and terms set out below.
Access to this site is subject to the following restrictions and terms:
The material on this site is for distribution only to persons who are not a "retail client" within the meaning of section 761G of the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth) (“Corporations Act”) and are also sophisticated investors, professional investors or other investors in respect of whom disclosure is not required under Part 6D.2 of the Corporations Act and, in all cases, in such circumstances as may be permitted by applicable law in any jurisdiction in which an investor may be located. Each person accessing this site confirms that they are a person who is entitled to do so under all applicable laws, regulations and directives in all applicable jurisdictions.
NBN Co Limited does not warrant the fairness, accuracy, adequacy or completeness of the information on this site. The material on this site has no regard to the specific investment objectives, financial situation or particular needs of any recipient and should not be relied on when making any investment decision. NBN Co Limited does not warrant the fairness, accuracy, adequacy or completeness of any information contained in or referred to in the material on this site.
Neither NBN Co Limited nor any of their directors, employees, agents, consultants or advisers accepts any liability whatsoever for any loss (including, without limitation, any liability arising from any fault or negligence on the part of NBN Co Limited or its respective directors, employees, agents, consultants or advisers) arising from access to material or any information on the site or otherwise arising in connection with the material or information on this site.
The information contained in or referred to in the material on this site is given at the date of such information and should not be taken to be accurate at any other time. No representation or warranty, express or implied, is or will be made that the information contained in or referred to in the material on this site is necessarily complete or up to date. NBN Co Limited's borrowing programs are amended and replaced from time to time, and information about borrowing programs and debt instruments is provided as a matter of record only and may not be relied upon in connection with any transaction.
None of the credit ratings referred to on the site represents a recommendation to buy, sell or hold securities. Credit ratings and may be subject to revision, suspension or withdrawal at any time by the assigning rating organisation. The credit ratings that appear on this site are provided for use by persons who are not a "retail client" as defined for the purposes of the Corporations Act only and must not be used, and NBN Co Limited does not intend or authorise their use, in the support of or in relation to the marketing of financial products to retail clients in Australia.
The information on this site:
- is provided for information and as a matter of record only and does not constitute and is not intended to constitute an offer or invitation in relation to the issue, sale or purchase of any securities or financial products as those terms are used in the Corporations Act;
- does not constitute an offer of securities for sale in the United States. The securities referred to on this site may not be offered or sold in the United States absent registration or an exemption from registration under the Securities Act of 1933 (the “Securities Act”). It is not intended that the securities will be registered under the Securities Act or any U.S. state securities laws;
- is not directed at, and may not be viewed by or distributed to, persons in the United Kingdom, except for persons who are not UK retail investors (as defined below) and who: (i) have professional experience in matters relating to investments who fall within Article 19(5) of the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 (Financial Promotion) Order 2005 (the "Order"); or (ii) are otherwise persons to whom it may lawfully be communicated (all such persons together being referred to as "Relevant Persons"). Each person who accesses this site in or from the United Kingdom will be deemed to have represented, acknowledged and agreed that it is a Relevant Person;
- is not directed at, and may not be viewed by or distributed to, persons in any Member State of the European Economic Area, except for persons who are not EEA retail investors (as defined below) and who are "qualified investors" within the meaning of Article 2 of Regulation (EU) 2017/1129 (as amended or superseded, the "EU Prospectus Regulation") ("Qualified Investors"). Each person who accesses this site in or from a Member State of the European Economic Area will be deemed to have represented, acknowledged and agreed that it is: (i) not an EEA retail investor; and (ii) a Qualified Investor; and
- is not intended to constitute general or specific securities or financial product, investment, tax, accounting or legal advice or a recommendation. The information does not take into account the investment objectives, financial situation and particular needs of any particular investor.
As used above, a "UK retail investor" means a person who is (i) a retail client, as defined in point (8) of Article 2 of Regulation (EU) No 2017/565 as it forms part of United Kingdom domestic law by virtue of the European Union (Withdrawal) Act 2018 (the "EUWA"); and/or (ii) a customer within the meaning of the provisions of the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 (as amended, the "FSMA") of the United Kingdom and any rules or regulations made under the FSMA to implement Directive (EU) 2016/97 (as amended or superseded), where that customer would not qualify as a professional client, as defined in point (8) of Article 2(1) of Regulation (EU) No 600/2014 as it forms part of United Kingdom domestic law by virtue of the EUWA (as amended or superseded); and/or (iii) not a qualified investor as defined in Article 2 of Regulation (EU) 2017/1129 as it forms part of United Kingdom domestic law by virtue of the EUWA (as amended or superseded).
As used above, an "EEA retail investor" means a person who is (i) a retail client as defined in point (11) of Article 4(1) of Directive 2014/65/EU (as amended, "MiFID II"); and/or (ii) a customer within the meaning of Directive (EU) 2016/97 (as amended, the "Insurance Distribution Directive"), where that customer would not qualify as a professional client as defined in point (10) of Article 4(1) of MiFID II; and/or (iii) not a Qualified Investor.
NBN Co Limited has the following credit ratings:
|Moody's Long Term Issuer Rating||A1 (Stable)
|Fitch's Long Term Issuer Rating||AA (Stable)|
Note: These credit ratings are provided for use by wholesale investors only and must not be used, and NBN Co Limited does not intend or authorise their use, in the support of or in relation to the marketing of financial products to retail investors in Australia.
Domestic Debt Capital Market Issuances
|Issuance||Amount Issued||Coupon||Maturity||Pricing Supplement|
|AUD MTN||AUD 1,200 million||1.00%||3 December 2025||AMTN Series 1|
|AUD MTN||AUD 400 million||2.20%||16 December 2030||AMTN Series 2|
|AUD MTN||AUD 350 million||2.15%||2 June 2028||AMTN Series 3|
|AUD MTN||AUD 425 million||3M BBSW + 0.40%||9 September 2024||AMTN Series 4|
|AUD MTN||AUD 400 million||0.75%||9 September 2024||AMTN Series 5|
Global Debt Capital Market Issuances
|Issuance||Amount Issued||Coupon||Maturity||Pricing Supplement|
|US 144A Notes||USD 750 million||1.45%||5 May 2026||GMTN Series 1|
|US 144A Notes||USD 1,250 million||2.625%||5 May 2031||GMTN Series 2|
|Private Placement||AUD 200 million||1.847%||22 June 2027||GMTN Series 3|
|Private Placement||AUD 200 million||1.557%||14 July 2026||GMTN Series 4|
|Private Placement||NOK 1.25 billion||2.365%||20 July 2033||GMTN Series 5|
|Private Placement||AUD 50 million||2.800%||20 July 2033||GMTN Series 6|
|Private Placement||USD 50 million||1.600%||4 August 2028||GMTN Series 7|
|US 144A Notes||USD 600 million||0.875%||8 October 2024||GMTN Series 8|
|US 144A Notes||USD 700 million||1.625%||8 January 2027||GMTN Series 9|
|US 144A Notes||USD 700 million||2.500%||8 January 2032||GMTN Series 10|
|Private Placement||NOK 1.50 billion||2.732%||20 October 2031||GMTN Series 11|
|Private Placement||AUD 200 million||2.2245%||25 October 2028||GMTN Series 12|
|Private Placement||AUD 200 million||2.553%||18 November 2028||GMTN Series 13|
Committed Debt Portfolio and Liquidity
|As at 30 June 2021||AUD Millions|
|Bank debt facilities||9,400||5,821||3,579|
|Total Committed Debt||27,345||23,766||3,579|
| As at 31 December 2021
|Bank debt facilities||10,300||7,850||2,450|
|Total Committed Debt||27,149||24,699||2,450|