What you need to do
- Talk to your monitored fire alarm provider about your options for migrating your monitored fire alarm to the nbn™ network, or an alternative technology, prior to the disconnection of your current service
- Identify the phone number used by your fire alarm (mandatory).
- Valid registrations (with a valid service phone number) will help nbn identify where assistance with migration may be needed. Registration to nbn's Fire Alarm and Lift Emergency Phone Register is free.
- Once you have asked your monitored fire alarm provider for advice about options to migrate your fire alarm, you will need to decide which option to install. Remember that it is your responsibility to transition your lift phone service off the legacy network.
- Once the alarm has been migrated, ask your monitored fire alarm provider to test it and confirm it is working properly.
How to register monitored fire alarm and lift emergency phones in multiple sites
To register monitored fire alarms and lift emergency phones in multiple sites, download and follow the instructions in the bulk registration template.
You must accept the terms and conditions to download the template
Questions you could ask your monitored fire alarm provider:
- Will my monitored fire alarm work properly when connected to the nbn™ access network?
- If so, what specific phone or internet service will work best with my monitored fire alarm?
- Will my monitored fire alarm be able to dial out during a power outage?
- If not, what alternatives are available?
- What solutions would you [the provider] suggest? Are there any costs involved?