The parenting sites that are keeping young Aussie families informed
With the rollout of fast broadband, more Aussies nation-wide will soon be able to lean on the wonders of the web to help make, grow and raise a family. We’ve searched high and low to bring you 10 top sites new parents need to know about.
According to a recent survey by MI9 60% of Aussie mothers say that the internet allows them to make better decisions, 62% of mums say they couldn’t live without the internet and 76% say the internet is now an important part of their life.
The rollout of fast broadband to Australian homes will allow more parents and parents-to-be to reap the benefits of the abundance of advice and support available at the click of a button.
From nappy delivery services, 24-hour help lines to advice on paid parental leave, we’ve done some serious surfing to put together 10 of the best parenting sites you need to know:
1. Healthdirect; this site offers information on conception, pregnancy, birthing and postnatal care, as well as a 24-hour helpline.
2. Family Assist; The Australian Government Department of Human Services website is a must-read resource and has everything you need to know about paid parental leave.
3. Birth; Looking for advice on planning a pregnancy, real life stories, handy due date calculator, and even an easy to navigate labor 101 guide? Then this is the site for you.
4. FoodStandards; a great read on what you can and can’t, should and shouldn’t eat when you’re pregnant and breastfeeding.
5. Nappyonline; well, it’s the last thing that you ever thought you’d be shopping online for, but to save time and a trip to the supermarket, this handy site delivers in bulk!
6. Bubhub; a useful and comprehensive resource that covers news and advice on every stage of parenthood.
7. Raising Children; a site that features a bank of resources for new parents, including tips and advice from early childhood agencies.
8. Kidspot; includes community forms, lifestyle news, recipes, products and reviews for mums, by mums.
9. Essentialbaby; everything from an ovulation calculator to news and advice on every stage of parenting.
10. Careermums; this is a handy online career centre and jobs board for working parents and those who want to return to work.
Check your address to see when you and your new family could be connecting to the nbn™ network.