Our full qualification pathway can be undertaken as a traineeship or apprenticeship and is suitable for anyone beginning their career in telecommunications or looking to build on skills they already have. The full qualification involves the completion of both core and elective units, which results in a nationally recognised qualification.
nbn™ Training Programs
Successful completion of our face-to-face training events can lead to nbn recognised accreditations. Training programs can be based on nationally recognised training or nbn™-designed training that’s approved and funded by nbn. The duration of these programs typically ranges between one and two weeks.
nbn™ funded training
Whether you’re starting your career or looking to build on your skills, a full qualification can provide a great foundation in telecommunications training. If undertaken as a traineeship or apprenticeship a full qualification program can provide training in conjunction with practical in-field experience.
- Certificate II in Telecommunications Network, Build & Operate (ICT20215)
- Certificate III in Telecommunications Network, Build & Operate (ICT30415)
If you’ve previously worked within the telecommunications industry, undertaking an nbn™ Training Program complements your existing skills and allows you to build on your pre-existing knowledge.
nbn™ Training Programs are designed to support specific occupation and technology competencies. They include programs for:
- Telecommunications Linesworker: Copper
- Telecommunications Linesworker: Fibre
- elecommunications Linesworker: HFC
- Cable Jointer: Copper
- Telecommunications Technician: Fibre
- Telecommunications Technician: HFC
- Telecommunications Fibre Splicer
- Telecommunications Customer Service Technician: HFC
- Telecommunications Network Technician HFC
- Fibre to the Curb (FTTC)
- Mandatory nbn online training
Anyone engaged in the construction, activation, operation or maintenance of the nbn™ access network is required to complete mandatory online training. The mandatory online training is separate, and additional, to any other nbn training programs. Modules for training are available at no cost to those employed by one of our Delivery Partners or their subcontractors and are accessible via the enAble™ portal.
This training covers:
- An overview of the organisation and how to represent the nbn™ brand.
- An overview of health, safety and environment requirements specific to working on the nbn™ access network.
All in-field workers actively employed by an nbn™ Delivery Partner will have access to nbn™ funded training.
nbn™ approved Delivery Partners nominate workers to attend training based on skills gaps that may occur across their workforce. Alternatively, workers can also choose to complete technical skills training before they’re employed by nbn. This can be done at TAFE or a Registered Training Organisation (RTO), however this training is not eligible for funding from nbn.
nbn™ approved Training Providers
Our provider panel delivers nationally recognised training and currently includes: