This Privacy Statement is designed to tell you what will happen to the information you provide through this website or through any other form of communication with us, NBN Co Limited ABN 86 136 533 741 (NBN Co), our wholly owned subsidiaries, or our agents or contractors. Please be sure to read this entire Privacy Statement before using this website or submitting personal information to us or our agents or contractors.
This Privacy Statement covers any personal information (including sensitive personal information) provided to us. We are bound by the National Privacy Principles in schedule 3 of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) with respect to our handling of personal information and sensitive information.
Personal information is any information about you where your identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained, from the information.
Sensitive information is any personal information about your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious beliefs or affiliations, philosophical beliefs, membership of political, professional or trade associations or trade unions, sexual preferences or practices, criminal record or health. We generally do not wish to be informed of a person’s sensitive information. In any event, we will only collect, use or disclose sensitive information about you as allowed by law, for example, where we have received your consent to do so or the collection is required by law.
By using this website or otherwise providing us directly, or through others, with personal information, you agree with the terms of this Privacy Statement. Whenever you submit your information, you consent to the collection, use, and disclosure of that information in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
This website is not intended for children under the age of 16. We will not collect information from website visitors in this age group if we are aware of their age. We encourage parents to talk to their children about their use of the Internet and the information which they disclose to websites.
What personal information do we collect and why?
We may collect personal information about you for the following Principal Purposes:
- in relation to your current or future connection to the National Broadband Network (including for purposes arising from quality assurance), and for ongoing management and support for your connection;
- in relation to the management of an existing connection to the National Broadband Network (the NBN) at your premises;
- in order to provide services to you and to manage those services;
- in relation to specific inquiries or issues that you have raised with us;
- in connection with services provided to you by your telecommunications services provider that use services that we provide to that provider;
- where you are a representative of an organisation with whom we deal, in relation to the services that we provide to that organisation. Typically, there is certain minimum information we require about representatives of organisations who wish to access our services or systems.
The type of personal information we collect may include your name, date of birth, address, postcode, telephone numbers, email address, the status of your connection to the NBN, information on how you use the NBN, and your preferences regarding certain telecommunications and similar products and services that utilise our services.
If you do not provide the information we request, we may not be able to provide our services effectively or at all.
Website passive information collection
As you navigate through this website, certain information (such as your preferences for our website) can be passively collected (that is, gathered without you actively providing the information) through various technologies, such as cookies, internet tags or web beacons and navigational data collection.
This website may use and combine such passively collected anonymous information to provide better services to website visitors, customise the website based on your preferences, compile and analyse statistics and trends and otherwise administer and improve the website for your use. Such information is not combined with personally identifiable information collected elsewhere on the website without your consent.
How we collect your personal information
We may collect your personal information in a number of ways, including:
- directly from you, when you provide it to us or our agents or contractors, including through this website;
- from third parties, such as your telecommunications services provider;
- by analysing our own records of your use of our services or website. This may include where you are accessing services that we provide as part of arrangements that you have with your own telecommunications services provider; or
- from publicly available resources.
We may also collect personal information (including sensitive information) from or about you when legally required or authorised to do so, for example to support the provision of services in accordance with the Australian telecommunications industry’s code on Priority Assistance For Life Threatening Medical Conditions (ACIF C609:2007).
How we use your personal information
The personal information you provide to us may be used for a number of purposes connected with our business operations, depending on the circumstances in which it was collected, including:
- for any of the Principal Purposes set out above;
- to verify your identity;
- to inform you of existing and proposed services which we provide and commercial opportunities which we offer from time to time;
- to better understand your communications needs; and
- to improve the quality and scope of the services and infrastructure we provide.
Your personal information may be used so that we, our wholly owned subsidiaries, agents and contractors can provide you with information about our products and services (including by way of direct mail, telemarketing, email, SMS and MMS). You always have the right to opt-out of receiving such information. You may exercise that right at any time by contacting us as set out below.
Your personal information may also be used for the purposes of employee recruitment and assessment.
We may also use your personal information for purposes related to those described above which would reasonably be expected by you or to which you have consented.
Sharing your personal information
We may disclose your personal information in certain circumstances, such as where we are required or authorised by law, where you have consented to us doing so, or for any of the Principal Purposes or related purposes set out above.
The persons to whom we typically may disclose your personal information include:
- specified persons in accordance with a request made by you;
- our related companies and business partners;
- other telecommunications and related service providers who provide services to you that utilise our services or infrastructure, including where reasonably required for billing and service purposes;
- persons to whom we have contracted out services including persons engaged in providing us with professional, business, technology corporate and administrative services, when reasonably required. This may include mailing houses, call centre providers and/or installation and construction service providers;
- the officer responsible for the Integrated Public Number Database; and
- others, including governmental agencies and regulators, as required or authorised by law.
When making such disclosures we will take reasonable steps to ensure that the recipient is bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations.
Does my personal information leave Australia?
We will only send your personal information outside Australia if we are permitted to do so by law, for example where you have consented to us doing so, where we reasonably believe that the recipient of the information is subject to laws that are equivalent to the National Privacy Principles, or where necessary for the performance of a contract with you.
Access and correction
You may request access to any of the personal information we hold about you by contacting us as specified below. We reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee for the costs of making any requested information available.
NBN Co may need to verify your identity before giving you access to your personal information. In some cases, we may require you to make your request in writing. This may include where you have requested copies of the personal information that NBN Co holds about you (rather than access to that information).
In some cases, NBN Co may need some time to respond to a request. We aim to respond to access requests within a reasonable time. Additionally, in some cases, we are not required to provide access. We will let you know if that is the case.
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up to date. To ensure your personal information is accurate, please notify us of any errors or changes to your personal information and we will take appropriate steps to update or correct such information in our possession.
We will take all reasonable precautions to safeguard your information from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. You should keep in mind that no internet transmission is ever completely secure or error-free. In particular, e-mails sent to or from this website may not be secure.
Links to other websites
How to contact us
If you wish to exercise your right to opt-out of receiving our marketing materials, or you have any questions or concerns about this Privacy Statement or our information practices, please contact us at:
Changes to this Privacy Statement
Our Privacy Statement may change from time to time. Before providing us with personal information, please check this Privacy Statement on our website.
This Privacy Statement was last updated in July 2012.