Fax or teletypewriter devices
Important - call your fax or teletypewriter device provider to find out if your device is compatible before you switch to the nbn™ access network.
It's important to contact your fax or teletypewriter device provider
The rollout of the nbn™ access network will involve new technologies and some existing devices may not be compatible with these at all times.
What you'll need to do
Your device provider can advise whether your device will work when connected to the nbn™ access network, or what alternative solutions are available.
nbn is unable to provide general advice due to the wide range of fax or teletypewriter devices in the market.
Questions you could ask your fax or teletypewriter device provider:
- Will my device work properly when connected to the nbn™ access network?
- If so, what specific phone or internet service will work best with my device?
- Will my device be able to dial out during a power outage when connected to the nbn™ access network?
- What solutions would you [the provider] suggest?
- Are there any costs involved?