If an online application is deemed eligible and you choose to proceed, an application fee is required to perform a high level cost estimation. nbn will then provide a quote that outlines the financial contribution required by the applicant, as well as the payment structure. These quotes are subject to certain requirements, feasibility and availability limitations.
Once an application is submitted, nbn will provide a quote that outlines the financial contribution required by the applicant, as well as the payment structure. These quotes are subject to certain requirements, feasibility and availability limitations.
Summary of fees
The below table sets out a summary of the applicable fees for an Individual Premises Switch.
Fees & payments
Fees to be paid by the applicant
What does nbn provide?
1. Build quote fee
This consists of the incremental costs to build (such as design, construction and project management), as well as the contract
2. Build payments
|As per build quote||Construction of the network as per build quote|
The build quote outlines the financial contribution required as well as the overall payment structure.
nbn determines the build quote, based on the following:
- Location of each property, taking into account geography and distance from existing nbn™ Infrastructure
- Cheapest route option within nbn’s architectural constraints
- Time and cost to build the infrastructure required for the switch
- Costs of using third party infrastructure
- Environmental and planning approvals
- Any other matters that nbn considers to be relevant
- Deduction of savings that would be incurred if the original planned technology is not constructed
Individual Premises Switch applications can be made by an individual, small group of premises or phone or internet service providers (RSP). Read the important 'Before you apply' list before submitting your application online.
If you’re not yet connected, check the nbn™ rollout map to determine what nbn™ access network technology will be available at your address, and when.