The nbn™ broadband access network is an investment for Australians - connecting our communities and helping to bridge the digital divide. We are committed to delivering this in a sustainable way to ensure that we leave a legacy that will make a positive difference in our communities.
- CEO, Bill Morrow, 2017
Advocate and lead practices that drive greater social and digital inclusion.
1. Increase digital participation within at risk community groups.
2. Strengthen diversity and participation in the workforce for women and minority groups.
3. Volunteering with a purpose by supporting digital inclusion and STEM education.
Drive positive advancement across the telecommunications industry, benefiting all.
1. Increase accessibility of fast broadband for at risk communities.
2. Help to cultivate the future telecommunications workforce and reduce barriers of entry.
3. Advance the development of the digital economy to drive social, economic and industry innovation.
Pursue sustainable environment and social value initiatives.
1. Protect our heritage sites, aboriginal culture, flora, fauna, land, water and public amenity during the build and operation of the network.
2. Build a low power and low carbon network that’s both resilient and environmentally friendly.
3. Lead the sector in sustainability management across environment, community, workplace, supply chain, reputation, and governance.
Caring for the health and safety of our people is at the heart of nbn.
As our business continues to scale nbn is guided by the following principles:
- Our people and those we work with go home safely every day; and
- Our employees’ health and wellbeing is valued and enhanced.
Discover more about how nbn is helping to bridge the digital divide
We encourage not only our employees, but all Australians to be aware of their family, friends and neighbours who may be at risk of losing touch as the world goes increasingly online. We’ve included a number of useful links to help people to build their skills and confidence - our hope is that all Australians can participate socially and economically in the digital world.