nbn seeks Expression of Interest (EoI) from suitably qualified and experienced entities to be part of its DPU Initiative.
‘Distribution Point Unit’ or ‘DPU’ is used to describe a powered device that:
- Is designed to be typically deployed at a deeper delivery point in the nbn™ network, than can be otherwise achieved through current nbn™ xDSL technologies
- Delivers nbn™ services into the premises over a pair in the existing copper lead-in cable via an xDSL interface
- Is powered from the premises over the same copper pair used to carry service into the premises
- Connects back towards the Point of Interconnect (POI) via nbn’s existing FTTP GPON solution
The purpose of this Expression of Interest (EoI) is to seek responses from organisations that believe they are capable of supplying DPU equipment and equipment-related services for deployment of FTTdp solutions by NBN Co Limited (nbn).
Please note it is nbn’s intention to use this EoI process to shortlist respondents for a possible future closed tender process. Selection criteria for the tender shortlist will include but not be limited to:
- Assessed capability to supply DPU equipment meeting nbn’s requirements, and to provide equipment-related services
- Assessed ability to work in partnership with nbn
- Australian-based operations and resources
- nbn’s preference for direct contract relationships with a few strategic suppliers
To request documents and register an interest please provide the following information to: TenderA425@nbnco.com.au
|Key Contact Name:|
|Key Contact Email:|
|Key Contact Landline Number:|
|Key Contact Mobile:|
|Key Contact Physical Address:|
The submission of the above details does not guarantee that an Applicant will be invited to participate further in the process nor does nbn guarantee that any ultimate engagement or work of any kind will be offered by nbn. Suppliers that have been assessed to comply with the criteria may be invited to progress through to a second phase of the Tender Process.
By submitting the above details, Applicants agree to keep confidential the EOI and any documents provided to it by nbn during the process.
Please note that you are not to engage with nbn personnel directly regarding the EOI. All queries are to sent through the tenderbox email: TenderA425@nbnco.com.au