Prepare your home for a fixed line NBN connection
NBN Co will notify you if and when your address can be connected to the fibre National Broadband Network (NBN). At this stage you can contact your preferred phone company or internet service provider to order your services.
How to prepare
We recommend you review the checklist below before you contact your service provider. Identify the points in the list that apply to you. This may help you have a more informed conversation when you call to order your services.
- Make a list of all your devices and services that use the existing telecommunications network. There may be other devices that use the network besides your landline phone or internet service. Review the list as you will need to move these services to the NBN if you want to keep them working.
- Check if you will need multiple sockets by reading our additional cabling information.
- Register with us if you have a medical alarm and contact your system and device provider. It’s vital that you register so we can assist in the move to the NBN and help ensure continuity of your service.
- If you have a monitored security alarm contact the company who supplied your device. You should confirm compatibility of your alarm with services provided over the NBN.
- If you own a property within a shared premises you can read more about the process. We suggest you contact your building owner or strata for more information.
- Read our tenants guide if you rent your property and we recommend you contact your landlord and agree the best location for the NBN equipment inside your property.